Wednesday 26 September 2012

Growing pains lol

I have an opportunity to go on the Ignite Residential Course described below. Only problem is I do not have the funds to attend. I think it might cost around £400 for the whole course and to pay for transport. Only fly in the ointment I do not have the cash to pay for it. Had we not fostered the kids we might have been able to afford it. I am not moaning about it I would not have had it any other way. The kids needed us and thats that. But it meant I had to close Dyslexia Pathways for a couple of months to support the kids. I will still apply for the course you never know something might turn up

It seems dyslexics make great entrepreneurs. Studies show that 20% of  entreprenurs in the UK are dyslexis and 35% are in the US. It would be cool to do a study to find out how many dyslexic social entrepreneurs. I have done the whole social entrepreneur bit starting up Dyslexia Pathways and I already provide dyslexia support to students studying at university.

I know when I was starting up Dyslexia Pathways there was a lot of support to access. However, there was none specifically geared towards supporting dyslexic entrepreneurs. I would like to support dyslexic entrepreneurs and enable them to succeed and this course would be a useful one to be on. Still there is always next year.

Ignite Residential 2012
You are running a social enterprise full of
potential.
How can this potential be unlocked?
And where do you find the time in your
demanding schedule?
For one weekend only the Academy is bringing
together 18 entrepreneurs from across Scotland
to scale up their social enterprises.
There will be surgeries with  nance, business and
marketing experts and talks from inspirational
individuals. This dynamic programme will
develop your understandings about your venture
and yourself. And most importantly you will leave
with a plan to ignite your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment