Monday 29 October 2012

I know its sounds sad but???? lol


My dyslexia work keeps me pretty busy what with providing dyslexia support to students, awareness training and all the preparation that requires. Then there are all the mundane tasks that any business has to do from updating databases, looking for new business and supporting volunteers. Dyslexia Pathways certainly keeps me on my toes. If I let it dyslexia could take up all my waking hours and then some of my sleeping ones too.

Whenever I get the opportunity I enjoy playing computer games. It’s been something of a passion of mine for many years. I still vividly remember spending many happy hours playing speccy games like The Hobbit and Knight Lore way back in the early 1980s. I used to play The Hobbit with a few of the guys in one of my first bands. We got stuck on one bit of the game for ages and in the end we wrote a song about it called Gandalf Carries the Dead Butler and yes it probably sounded as bad as the title suggests. But to us it was brilliant pmsl.

I have just completed one of my favourite games of all time again Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for the umpteenth time. It was first released on the Nintendo N64 in 1998 and was cutting edge at that time. I am not sure if its a dyslexia thing but I just love the overall ethereal feel of the game. The characterisations are brilliant as are the graphics and sound. Whenever I play it feels like meeting and old friend you haven’t seen for a while.

I always used to call it the Ocriana of Time a typical dyslexic mistake. Even now that’s what I the game. I will be playing the next game in the series The Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask now ...... yet again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment