Thursday 18 October 2012

sigh well thats it lol

Had as great morning working with dyslexic students, its been a great week in fact. Been working with student from diverse backgrounds on diverse courses from forensic science to biology to game programming.

It looks like I will not be attending the Ignite programme this week end. Had it been next month later my finances would have been in better order. Only 3 weeks back providing dyslexia support and we are already 35% up on our numbers of students seen from last year. I should have called them yesterday but didn't just to embarressed sigh.

I rang the bank and asked for an increase to my business bank account overdraft from £200 to £300 and was refused point blank. Gawd I know times are hard but refusing a £100 increase on my business bank overdraft does not make sense to me. Especially since we are in our fourth year of trading and we are not exactly going to go out of business next week.. Well these things are sent to try us lol.

I know from many other social entrepreneurs finding cash for training is next to immpossible so I am not alone. However, I find it very frustrating because I enjoy learning and need to update my current skills base.

Its also finding cash to pay for new software as well. My current versions of assistive software are over 4 years old now. Which in computing terms is just plane out of date lol.

Still on the plus side the designs for the new project are nearly completed next its looking for funding time again lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment