Thursday 31 October 2013

Dyslexia Pathways Unique Dyslexic project update

In my last blog entry I mentioned the Unique Dyslexic project. I think it was a little unclear so I am going to try and make it a little clearer.

As part of the Unique Dyslexic project we will be holding a series of workshops accross Fife, not master classes, as mentioned in my last blog. Typical dyslexic thing I couldn't for the life of me find the word I was looking for at the time and so put masterclass in as the next best thing.

We have won funding for the project from a number of different sources including Investing in Ideas lottery money.

The workshops are open anyone who is dyslexic or believes they are dyslexic. There are only two things you need to be able to attend. You have to be over the age of 16 and have an interest in creative activities or finding our more about your own creativity. Its not about being a brilliant artist or photographer now but for people who aspire to develop their creative talent or interest.

This can include creativity activities from; painting, drawing, photography, music, writing, poetry and acting. The workshops are all about having fun, about meeting up with other dyslexics, developing and exploring creative talents, about sharing experiences of being dyslexic, and about developing creative talents.

The workshops are open to anyone living in Fife or the Ediburgh and Dundee areas.

The Unique Dyslexic project is all about rasing awareness of a much more positive provile of dyslexa.

Ther will be arouind 12 spaces available so I would advise anyone interested to contact myself as soon as possible. People can also send me suggestions on what they would like to see happen at furute workshops.

My phone number is: 01592 756 187
My e mail is: stephen.mccue@dyslexiapathways.com 

The workshops will last around 3 hours, free tea, coffee and sandwiches will be available. Travel expenses will be paid. 

I am plannng to hold the first even in December and this one will focus on painting and drawing. The other 2 or 3 workshops will be held in 2014.

For any creative dyslexic out there in Fife, Scotland, the UK and accross the world I have just set up a Unique Dyslexic facebook page. So please visit our Unique Dyslexic Facebook page and share your creative talents with the rest of the dyslexic community as well as everyone else. 

https://www.facebook.com/messages/#!/groups/unique.dyslexic/

A Unique Dyslexic website is currently being developed for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment