Tuesday 1 October 2013

Here is the news from Dyslexia Pathways

Had my first meeting with my new mentor from First Enterprise. It was a very fruitful meeting indeed. Trevor, the mentor,  enabled me to get everything out of my head and onto paper in a way that made sense on paper. I had it there all in my head but just couldn't put the pieces all together. We made a rough plan with a time line and goals and eventually arrived at a the problem that was hindering me.

I was really struggling with the Unique Website. I just couldn't get my head around it and it eventually put me off from doing anything more with it. Half the problem was the software and the other have was the need for, or lack of, a coherent web strategy. I think we have sorted both these issues out. Trevor will send me all the information we jotted down in rough into a document I can access. lol What I was really lacking was a web strategy.

My focus had also been knocked of kilter by the passing away of my mum and moving into a new house. Both of which have been very stressful events for me.

I now have a time line and some goals achievable goals to work towards and hopefully I can now move on with the Unique Project. The ultimate goal is for the website to be self financing or to be able to make a profit. But that's way off in the future.

Typical dyslexic thing seeing the big picture and getting lost with the details and getting it out on paper instead of keeping it all in my head. Its something say to a lot of the dyslexic students I work with. Yet I couldn't follow my own advice d'uhhh lol.

I have a little cash left from my Foundation Scotland award. I was going to buy Lads Plus dyslexia screening software but now am going to use Quickscan which I got for free from Pico. So many thanks to Pico. I am going to use this to pay someone the populate the Unique Website for me.  The plan is the Unique website first iteration is going to be completed well before Christmas.

I am also going to be running the first Unique Dyslexic creative master class before Christmas also. Its going to be for 20 people who want to develop their creative talents in and around art.

Then there is the social media side of things to be set up. I am going to seek a volunteer for this but I am thinking I might start to put it together myself. I will be looking to see if I can get a little support from Fife College students or students at Abertay or Heriot Watt with the project.

I have my dyslexia mentoring scheme proposal to push on with as well. Then there is my dyslexia support work to do as well.

Had to put my car in for its MOT yesterday. Of course it did not pass and the work needed to pass it cost me £330 sigh. Still cannot do without my car.......so what has to be done has to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment