Thursday 31 October 2013

two blog entries in one day! whatever next lol

I already asked this at the end of a rather long blog. So I thought I would ask the question again

Here is a question for everyone:

Am I a dyslexic or a dyslexic person or a person with dyslexia?

I like being a dyslexic musician and artist rather than being a person who is dyslexic and is also an artist.

I feel being dyslexic defines who I am and I have lived my whole being dyslexic with all its ups and downs lol. Which is again why I like using the phrase dyslexic artist. I do not see dyslexia as a condition.

Then I am also aware this might be seen a labling dyslexics.

Hmmmm now I am not a fan of the, "person with dyslexia", because I feel it pathologises me. As many of ther regular readers of my blog will know I am not a fan of the medical model of dyslexia which does pathologise us. Any if anyone has any thoughts about this please share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment