Monday 28 July 2014

More from the Unique Dyslexic Get Creative visual art shop



Hi blog readers hope you are all well. Here is a little more on the Unique Dyslexic Get Creative visual art shop.
 
For myself I have to say I enjoyed the workshop very much I had a lot of fun working with the rest of the people at the workshop. It made me see art in a different light. That's its more about self expression, more about fun and more about exploring thought, feeling and ideas without use of the written word. I got so involved I forgot to take in film footage or photos. Luckily Gail took over 200 images over the course of the day.
 
Here is some of the feedback we got from participants:
 
I felt really creative and enjoyed the whole workshop
 
Belonging, satisfied, further alerted to my potential
 
Included, I felt celebrated and positive about having dyslexia
 
Relaxed, happy and creative

Discovered a lot about myself and creativity

Here is a little something from the art facilitator / teacher Gail McLintock

BIO

Creative expression has always felt right to me – natural, questioning ourselves, the world, creating meaning and a sense of belonging.       
 
Art and social sculpture techniques use multiple skills, senses and intelligences but are non-discriminatory – a superior mode of communication!
 
Group art processes continually amaze can be profound and we laugh often. Its been like a creative quest using different mediums and working in various contexts.
 
I feel privileged to be an art starter and know it’s the collaboration-people who create the magic.

 
WORKSHOP

Unique Dyslexic is a vital organisation providing active support and awareness of neuro-difference. Being dyslexic myself, it is the very first time I have sat in a room full of people to discuss what it has meant, how we have experienced education etc. I found it supportive and affirming – how work such as this could transform diagnosis and attitudes. 
 
The group responded fantastically to group action techniques, creating visual imagery. The use of materials was inventive, at times humorous and often emotive.
 
One striking element of the group process was an intuitive sense of inclusion and helping others with needs or creative problem solving. I think the group excelled in creative freedom!
 
There was a range of work from performance to portraiture and assemblage, with everyone using the digital camera. I greatly look forward to the final exhibition.   
 
Gail McLintock
 
 
Here are a very few of the 200 or so images:
 
 
Wind sculpture

 


 

Getting an handle on Dyslexia

 
Society and hidden disability / dyslexia / neuro difference

 
This is one I did and I will leave it up to you to decide what its about

 
Unattainable words
 
I will be putting up a much larger album on our Facebook page and group page as soon as I can.

Next week our Trash to Treasure workshop.
 
Many thanks for taking the time to read my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment