Monday 7 July 2014

the sun has got its hat on....AGAIN!


Good morning from sunny Glenrothes. Had a restful week end especially Sunday when we had our breakfast and dinner out in our Garden. Topped the day off with a lovely bottle of bubbly bought on our recent holiday to France.

Spent a lot of time promoting the three Unique Dyslexic Get Creative workshop. We even got a little piece on the workshops in the Courier news paper. Only fly in the ointment was the writer of the article used the term, "dyslexia sufferers". Arrrghhhhhhh drives me nuts when I see that negative stuff. I do not suffer with dyslexia but I do suffer with all the negative stereotypes and misconceptions people have about being dyslexic.

I visited the Cupar Youth Café on Tuesday met with Linsey Neilson  the Café co-ordinator. Have to say I liked the café a lot. Its bright, clean and comfortable. Here are a couple of photos of the Fife Youth Café:






As you can see they even have their own little music room and instruments. I am particularly looking forward to this workshop because of my own interest in music. Best of all we have been given use of the venue for the day free of charge.

This workshop takes place on the 18th of August

The visual arts workshop will take place at the Dreel Halls in Anstruther on the 26th of this month. I went and had a little look there last month. Here is a little photo from their Facebook site.


and here is a link to their Facebook page. If you have a look at their photos you can see it is a busy and bustling place with lots of creative activity and fun going on:

https://www.facebook.com/dreelhalls/timeline

and here is a link to a map of the area:


 
Then on August 2nd we will be holding the Trash to Treasure workshop at Furniture Plus at Castle Business Park, Queensferry Road, Dunfirmline.
Here is a link to their Facebook page:
What with our first Unique Dyslexic Get Creative workshop being run in Lochgelly you can see we have covered a lot of the Fife area.
You do not have to live in Fife to come to any of these workshops by the way.

If you would like any more information or to add your name to attend any of these workshop contact me asap at:

steve.mccue@uniquedyslexic.com or phone me on 01592756187.

Each workshop is limited to 10 places. Remember the workshops are free, we can pay for your travel expenses, lunch is provided free and some help towards child care or caring costs is provided.

My apologies for not adding an audio version of my last couple of blogs. I have run out of space on my soundcloud site.

Finally I am recovering well after my heart attack a couple of weeks ago. The stent in my heart is working well and feel fighting fit.

ta to everyone for reading my blog, for all the like on our Unique Dyslexic Facebook page and to the 250 members of the Unique Dyslexic Facebook group.

No comments:

Post a Comment