Sunday 21 November 2021

Civics and autism: A question?

 


Hi readers hope you are all well

On one of my trawls through the internet I came across this a short video on civics and autism. Its from an American guy who I have a lot of time for, Beau of the Fifth Column. One of the things he does on his show is answer questions from his followers. He got sent a question about civics and autism from a mom who has a child who is autistic.

He makes a few interesting points about autism and academia and autism from an autistic perspective. I thought people might be interested in what he has to say.

Here is the link:



I would be interested in your feedback on what he says. All I ask is that you listen to the end of the short video before you give your feedback.

I would also be interested to know if you think what Beau has to say about about academia and autism can be applied to dyslexia and academia?

#PeaceLoveGroovyness

Steve McCue 

please share, comment or why not subscribe to my Unique Dyslexic Eye social media.

1 comment:

  1. This is really good. What he says about the disconnect between academic research into autism and the practical application of that research applies absolutely to dyslexia. In both cases it means that there is very little practical understanding of what it means to be either autistic or dyslexic and how educators should connect with both.This has bothered me for years. And what he says about the ‘mythology’ taught as ‘civics’ in the USA is also very good. In the UK kids are not even taught anything about politics or ‘civics’ any more. No wonder the kids we are raising now are so adrift and so liable to despair. Thank you for sharing this Steve.

    ReplyDelete