Saturday 27 November 2021

Dyslexia, and healing the emotional wounds from school

 

 


Hi blog readers

Music has been a part of my life practically all of my life. I think I was maybe about 6 years old when my school gave me a violin to play. Gawd, I played Good King Wenceslas for the Christmas nativity. Frightened cats for miles around with it lol. I remember I broke one of the strings and felt so bad about it. I just felt so guilty and gave the violin back.

As a teen I got into bands toured around music festivals travelled with the Peace Convoy for a few summers when ever I could from 1979 to 87. Dropped out and tuned in as they used to say lol. 

I still have one of my guitars and a bass guitar from my old music days. I bought my left handed Ibanez Musician Bass around 1982. Spent a fortune on it £800. I believe only 2 left handed models were built at that time.  

I'd written a new album a while back using my computer. Unfortunately, my computer was hacked and I lost the album.

Music was good for me as a dyslexic. Helped me with my self confidence, self esteem and mental health. 

All dyslexics need to explore and find things to do that can touch our souls and heal the wounds many of us have from our school days. We have to learn how to nurture ourselves. Dyslexic kids dont fail at school, our dyslexia unfriendly education system fails us. 

Anyway, thought I would post my current fave song on you tube. What's your fave track of the moment? Love the feel of this tune. 

We dyslexics love the feel of things, things that touch our souls and hearts.  Why not share it with me and post a you tube link in the comments. 

The fly in the ointment is so many of us leave school not knowing we are dyslexic, we live our lives an enigma to ourselves. So many of us never get a dyslexia assessment. A dyslexia assessment is a crucial first step to understanding our dyslexic self. 

my current fave song

Thanks for reading #PeaceLoveGroovyness to you all

Steve Mccue

No comments:

Post a Comment