Saturday 12 March 2022

Being self reflective early on a Saturday morning lol

 

just me

Hi to all my readers and followers. How is life treating you all?

This is going to be a bit more of a self reflective blog written in a stream of consciousness stylee.

Of course, the last couple years have been dominated by COVID and isolation for all of us. When COVID first hit I dont think many of us comprehended, at the start of COVID, how much it would impact on our lives. 

The major thing, for my wife and I, it was being isolated from our families. Sitting in my wife's mum's back garden in the cold. Being unable to give someone a simple hug or kiss on the cheek, Missing having the family around for Sunday dinner. Feeling helpless with keeping them safe and secure.  The constant worry my wife and and I had about their safety and well being.

One of the weirdest thing for me was the near total silence in the streets. The noisy sounds off traffic being replaced by bird song. If humanity were to disappear from the world over night. It would not take nature long to replace us. 

It was like somebody had pressed the pause button in all our lives. All caused by one small virus. Humanity likes to think of itself as being indomitable, that we have a god given right of ownership of the planet. I think COVID exposed how vulnerable we really are. One little mutation in the DNA of a virus could kill off humanity. 

I think I read some where that if mankind did disappear cockroaches would be the next dominant form of life on earth. Hmmmm,  if you look at many of our greedy, corrupt politicians today blimey, those cockroaches already dominate lol. 

I want to pay tribute to my wife Anne, who has the biggest heart of anyone I have ever known. Not sure how I would have coped had she not been in my life.

One thing is certain COVID exposed some of the worst aspects of humanity, especially in our many of our politicians. But also some of the fab aspects. Our doctors and nurses together all other NHS staff fought to save lives against the odds and at the cost of countless of their lives. 

Then there are the unsung and untalked about heroes. Shop workers, cleaners, bus drivers, dustmen and all the others who keep our society running from day to day. They all deserve better reward and recognition for all their work and sacrifices. 

Global estimates, and its an underestimate, say over 5.5 people have dies from COVID. Nobody, really knows or will ever know how many lost their lives to COVID.

Well, enough of my maudlin ramblings on COVID. I really had no intention of writing about COVID. But as I said, its where my stream of consciousness took me. 

As for today, well it looks like we are getting through this COVID crap now. Its not over yet, but, there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

However, no sooner have we got through one disaster mankind is slowly embroiling us in another. Greed and lust for power has an insatiable appetite.

Anyways, after that cheery blog from me I am going to wish you all #PeaceLoveGroovyness.

Keep safe 

Steve McCue




 

No comments:

Post a Comment