Monday 21 March 2022

Dyslexia, mental health and well being

 


                     I am now back working again thankfully, the video must have been made middle 2020



A huge hi to all my followers and readers,

Life as a dyslexic can be incredibly stress full and anxiety can impinge on our well being in negative ways. If you add COVID and Ukraine into the mix life can feel like a bit of a shite sandwich. So its even more important for us to find ways to nurture our mental health and well being. For me personally music both listening to and creating it has been a very bit part of my life.

I find ambient music extremely helpful for maintaining my mental health and well being.

I play guitar, bass and keys and use music creation software to write music. But this can be an expensive indulgence for many.

I also use many music app. Some are free and some you have to pay for. For many you dont really have to be a musician to use. I bought myself a new music app a while back. Its called Scape and is a generative music app from Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers. You dont have to be a musician to use it, its quite easy to use. For me as a dyslexic I have always found music and making music fab for many reasons from helping me develop my concentration to my sequencing skills and relaxation etc. All of which could benefit any dyslexic like myself. Scape is an app for Ipad and a fab tool for creating ambient music with art. I have been a fan of ambient music since 1975 and even create my own. Wrote a whole album of ambient stuff a while back.. Ambient music and this app will not be for everyone but at £11 I give it a ten out of ten and advise you all to investigate it and other generative music apps.
This link will take you to a you tube video of the app
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PennXD3SGmI

#PeaceLoveGroovyness to you all from me Steve McCue

No comments:

Post a Comment