Sunday 25 September 2011

Completed two new funding applications on Friday. One for the Innovation fund which I only found out about the day before the closing date for applications. Had to work very hard to write that one and had little time to look for my typical dyslexic errors. Thats the one thing I still find difficult finding my own errors.

The second one was for a Dragons Den event run by Senscot. Senscot is an organisation that supports social enterprises like Dyslexia Pathways and are pretty cool in my view. Dragons Den gives 5 people or organisations to sell their ideas to dragons. Dragons being other successful social entrepreneurs and to the audience.

http://www.senscot.net/

The Dragons Den event is part of the Senscot Annual Ceilidh which we have attended the last two. There have been seven in all so far. Other activities include:

Sell your business and its products in under 3 minutes to other social enterprises. Equally, this is a great networking opportunity. 

Access to free legal advice

Presentations from other successful social entrepreneurs

On the evenng of the first day there is a dinner and dance with music from a ceilidh band

Then there is an opportunity to meet with friends and catch up with the news from other social enterprises.

I have done a dragons den presentation a couple of years ago. It was quite nerve wracking. Not so much presenting to the audience but to the 4 dragons in the panel. I didn't win but enjoyed the experience. So I am giving it a go again this year. Just hope I get selected as there are only 5 places and many many entrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment