Wednesday 7 September 2011

A long time ago before I went back to school and university I was a musician. Had a lot of fun doing that for a number of years. One day in 1988 I just decided to quit music and go back to see if I could learn. Hardly picked up my bass guitar or six string since then. Not written any lyrics or composed one song.

When I frist moved up to Edinburgh I did get back into playing here and got a lot of fun out of it playing covers with some others here.

About two months ago I got the yearn to start composing again and have written twelve new tracks. I had quite forgotten how much joy I got out of playing music.

I believe the musician stuff I did way back then helped me to overcome barriers that my dyslexia had made unsurmountable to me at school.

I remember I just stopped attending school when I was about 14 just gave up on it. I got into gangs and trouble with the police for a while there

When I was actually old enough to leave school at 16 I did so an angry counfused young man who was a failure. Music changed all that. It showed I was good at something and could achieve and it chilled me out. It got me focussed on doing something positive with my life and away from gang culture altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment