Thursday 13 March 2014

Only two days to go before the first creative workshop

Hello there blog readers hope you are all well and firing on all thrusters. My first student of the day has forgotten her appointment with me this morning lol. A dyslexic forgetting an appointment who would have thought that lol. Seriously though she has a big hand in day today and so has asked for an appointment for later today.

So thats given me time to write my latest blog entry.

Only two days to go before the first Unique Dyslexic creative workshop. It is full which is cool. I have still to put together a little blurb for the event and print off a few things and everything is ready. I will be posting some photos of the event next week sometime and possibly some video as well. (note to self open up a you tube account)

Get this first one done and dusted and then there are only three left to plan, organise and run lol

As for the Unique Dyslexic website I am slowly but surely populating the site with photos, links, writing from people who have sent me their creative work etc. The problem is I can only have 100 images on the site. I have two options here I can add albums in the Unique Dyslexic Facebook site or open up an account with Photobucket or similar site. I am fast coming to the conclusion I really need so extra help with this project. I had to take a couple of days away from the Unique project this week just to recharge my batteries and take it easy for a while.

The project has just gotten so big and I really need to put more time into it. The problem is if I put more time into it I have to stop doing dyslexic support work but if I stop doing that I lose income sigh.

I have been thinking of starting a crowd funding appeal. I have looked into this a couple times before but that in itself just adds more to my work load. I have to give a big thanks to Carolynn Cruickshank Grey one or my directors and my wife for all their support and help with the Unique Dyslexic project. As well as Bill Blenman for all his help setting up the new Dyslexia Pathways CIC site.

I have to explore ways to make the Unique site self funding and ways to bring some more income in for myself. I dread to think how much of my time I have spent working on this project for free lol.

I have my logo designs for clothing that I need to move forward with and then there is my book which I have written an outline for. But this again takes time sheesh I think I could work 24 / 7 and still have things left to do.

I have to send an e mail to my mentor about this and to update him on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment