Saturday 1 March 2014

Ahhhh the joys of a phone contract with 02

I am a very miffed O2 customer indeed. Ever since we moved to our new home I have been unable to either make or receive calls on my mobile phone in or around the house. Can't even get a message not a peep outta my phone. It's a real pain because I use my phone for personal and business use.

This has been going on since we moved here in September 2013. In my old flat about a mile up the road no problems with my phone at all.

So about six weeks ago I decided to tackle O2 about this problem. Now I would have done so a lot sooner but what with moving into a new home, my mum passing away etc I just didn't have the energy to do so.

Now I know you can look online to find out about signal strength and that checker says good signal but I know that's rubbish. Also my missus has an 02 phone too and she has the same problems. She contacted 02 and they gave her some suggestions on how to resolve the problem. None of which worked at all.

On my first call to O2 they tried to be helpful I guess but after over two hours on the phone to them I was bored, I was hungry and I was no nearer resolving the problem. Their suggestion was to go around to my neighbours and ask them about the signal or if anyone visits  my home and they happen to have an 02 phone see if they experience the same problem. Oh the did suggest I could buy myself out of my contract for a shed load of cash.

I phoned them again a while later and the person on the other side of the phone had as much customer care knowledge as a badger has about bee keeping. She was rude, she was evasive and I felt like I was doing something wrong and being untruthful. I think I was on the phone about an hour this time. She gave me a couple more things to do, one of which was to call 02 over my land line and they would try and problem solve the issue. Sigh even though I had told her I could not receive or make any calls from my mobile. I said to her so how is that going to work then? .

I said to here I use my phone for my business as well as personal use. To which she replied that I didn't have business contract with them. Gawd I run a small social enterprise and can't afford to have to run two contract phones.

So here I am a couple weeks later still paying for a phone I cannot use from my own home and no nearer any resolution.

So what are your experiences with mobile phone customer care services? 

No comments:

Post a Comment