Saturday 29 March 2014

Hey hey the end of another busy week

Hi blog readers ta for taking the time to read my blog. I hope you are all well.......

Had another very busy week here. I provided five days of dyslexia support this week. All of the students I worked with this week were working hard to finish their dissertations, course work and exam revision etc.

Don't ever listen to anyone who tells you dyslexic students are lazy. They have to work extremely hard to produce work for their courses and pass exams. If anything dyslexic students have to work harder than their non dyslexic students. The same is true for any student with a disability. 

The thing I love the most about my dyslexia support work is that it like playing jazz. You never know which way any dyslexia support session will go. Even with a clear and agreed dyslexia support plan and every dyslexia students needs are unique to each student and they can change on a weekly basis.

For example I had planned a session on exam revision with a student this week. But when they came in I could see they were stressed out about something. As a result of a little chat we ended up doing something completely different.

I get a real buzz whenever a student comes for support and they have achieved their goals and or used a new strategy successfully.

I have just informed the web developer for the Unique Dyslexic site that I am happy with the look and feel of the site. One less thing to worry about. I have also nearly finished adding the content for the site ready for launch.

My wife looked over the dyslexia pathways site, proof reading the text. Something I am not so hot at. Not that I cannot do it. It takes so long. I also put together the content for the disabled student and access to work sections of the site and photos and feedback from students I have supported. My web developer for the dyslexia pathways site has been unwell this week and unable to do any work to complete it......Get well soon Bill.

This week I made a start on the crowd funding appeal, after much soul searching about this. I think I should really have started this when I embarked on the Unique Dyslexic project. I have done everything you need to do for a crowd funding appeal like make a movie, take photos, write a blog, twitter etc. Still its never to late.....

I am going to look for £2000 to develop my t shirt idea and to help pay for my time to run the Unique Dyslexic project over the summer. I have decided to use Indiegogo crowd funding....it looks pretty straight forward and dyslexia friendly for me at lease.

I have taken to calling the Unique Dyslexic project the Unique Dyslexic Get Creative Project which I thinks feels and sound better.

We have found to organisations / individuals for two of the Unique Dyslexic Get Creative workshops. One will be in music and the other on visual are. These will be moving into the planning stage in the very near future.

Finally, I have book myself a place on a human rights course which is something I have a keen interest in. 

Remember:

You do not have to be assessed as being dyslexic and we welcome dyspraxic, dyscalculic, AD(H)D and Aspergers) individuals to share their creative talents on the Unique Dyslexic site also.


No comments:

Post a Comment