Sunday 23 March 2014

Unique Dyslexic news lol

Hi blog readers hope you are all well and firing on all cylinders.

We are just putting the finishing touches to the Unique Dyslexic website. Yes I know I have been banging on about this for a while but I want to ensure everything is a good as we can get it. I had wanted to get us online on Friday but things like proof reading and getting links right take time to get right and setting up new e mail addresses. Of course it doesn't help that I am working to get two website up and running at the same time.

I went to the Cultural Enterprise Office in Dundee last week to discuss some of my ideas and ways to take them forward. I have some designs for t shirt logos which have positive messages about dyslexia on them. I have some very rough designs for about half a dozen but they really need a graphic artist to help me realise them and then get a trial run of t shirts printed off. I have done some market research and I know they would sell. It would bring in some money for the Unique Project and some much needed income for myself.

I like the Cultural Enterprise Office has a real buzz about it and a nice little restaurant and bar.
Got a great lunch whilst I was there: Hmmmmmmmm and it tasted as good as it looks too.

 


Have also been getting some support with funding ideas from another organisation called BeYonder. Have to give Chrissy for her advice and support. 

I think the main option is crowdfunding to help me raise maybe £2000 for this idea..........But again its finding time for this.

On the plus side the uni work will be slowing down so I will have some more time to work on the Unique Project and my book lol.On the downside it means less income ouch.

For those who have not seen them here are some pics from the first Unique Dyslexic creative workshop.




 

Everyone had fun, got creative shared their stories and offered support. We got lots of positive feedback from all involved. Only another three more to plan organise and run over the summer.


The objective of the Unique Dyslexic Project is to
 support, promote and celebrate the creative talents
of dyslexic individuals across the full range of the
creative spectrum.
 

We invite anyone who is dyslexic, or thinks they are
dyslexic, to join the project and share their creative
ideas here including:

actors, animators, sculptures, artists, comedians,
chefs, dancers, dreamers, engineers, entrepreneurs,
games designers, improvisers, information
technology geeks, inventors, film makers, musicians,
 photographers, poets,, song writers, story tellers,
 writers and visionaries.

You do not have to be diagnosed as dyslexic and we
welcome dyspraxic, dyscalculic, AD(H)D and
Aspergers) individuals to share their creative talents
on the Unique Dyslexic site also.
 
 
 
Many thanks to all readers of my blog for getting this
 far lol

No comments:

Post a Comment